The National Association of REALTORS recently released some highlights from their 2015 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, with a section devoted to for sale by owner sellers. Did you know:
- Only 8% (down from 9%) of recent home sales were FSBO sales. This is the lowest share recorded
since this report started in 1981.
- The median age for FSBO sellers is 54 years. 77% of FSBO sales were by married couples that have a median income of $104,100.
- FSBOs typically sold for less than the selling price of agent assisted homes; FSBO homes sold at a median of $210,000 (up from $208,700 the year prior), yet lower than the median of all homes at $245,000.
- FSBO homes sold more quickly on the market than agent assisted homes. All FSBO homes typically sold in less than two weeks—often because homes are sold to someone the seller knows.
- 70% of successful FSBO sellers were satisfied with the process of selling their home.
- 9 in 10 FSBO sellers who both knew and did not know the buyer were satisfied with the home selling process.
If you’re a seller who has been wondering if it might finally be time to sell, email us at email@example.com, or click below, and we can prepare a complimentary analysis of market value for you – you just may be pleasantly surprised.
Are you interested in hot real estate topics, tips and trends?
Click below to subscribe to our blog!